Property Tax For Non-Residents
When a property belongs to a married couple, or to more than one person, each person is an independent taxpayer, and must file an individual tax return.
Depending on the use of the property, the taxes to which it is liable are:
INCOME CALCULATED ON URBAN PROPERTY FOR PERSONAL USE
If you own a property that is unoccupied, or has been used by its owner, there is a tax to be paid regarding to the previous year.
The amount of tax will be based on a percentages to the Valor Catastral (assessed value) of the property as shown on the IBI bill (Property Tax) of for the year.
This yield is calculated once a year, on 31 December.
If you have not been the owner of the property during the whole year, or if it has been rented for any period, only a proportion of this amount need to be declared.
Your return has to be filed between 1 January and 31 December following the end of the taxable period.
Your return must be filed with the branch of the Tax Agency or Administration belonging to the Tax Agency responsible for the area where your property is located. Alternatively we can file your return for you.
To pay online the tax on your Spanish property couldn’t be easier or more cost effective. Historically, this may have involved countless emails back and forth to your legal representative, and possibly a visit to their office.
Our service is uncomplicated, cost effective and user friendly.
Simply complete the required fields on the appropriate link below, email or fax us the requested documents and choose a payment option. This will enable us to present and pay the tax directly to the Hacienda (Spanish Inland Revenue) on your behalf.
Peace of mind from a trusted, established company, from just €49 (+VAT at 7%) for each property, in addition to your taxes that are payable.
Terms and Conditions
- Taxes Online will not make any tax arrangements on behalf of owners without the express consent of the property owner, or their representative. Submission of forms via this website constitutes that express consent.
- For multiple owners of one property, express permission is granted upon submissions of the correct form.
- Taxes Online are not responsible for any errors resulting from the submission of incorrect figures by the property owner/s.
- Taxes Online will not divulge, provide or re-sell any information submitted via this site to any third parties apart from the tax authorities authorized for the purposes of the submission of returns.
- In agreeing to these terms and conditions you also agree to allow Taxes Online to send you reminders prior to your next due date and occasional promotional emails.
- Nothing on this site constitutes any part of a contract unless otherwise expressly stated.
- Any links within this site to third party websites are not owned by Taxes Online and Taxes Online bears no responsibility for the content of external sites. If you access external sites through this site, you do so at your own risk.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, Taxes Online excludes all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with the use of this site in any way.
- If you are subject to a tax inspection, and require the help of Taxes Online – we reserve the right to charge for services
In accepting our terms and conditions the user also agrees to;
APPOINT/S AS HIS/HER/ITS PROXY TO BEN EINAR SIMKINS, NIF X0181202P, as signee or part of the Co-operation Agreement between the National Tax Administration Agency ( Spanish Inland Revenue)and the REAF ( Register of Economist tax advisers), for the presentation of tax forms, statements or notifications regarding the following tax: MODELO 210 by telematic means. The proxy granted hereby is restricted to the aforementioned presentation by telematic means, and does not confer the proxy holder the condition of representative to take any other actions, nor to receive any other kind of notifications from the Tax Department in the name of the taxpayer or grantor, even if the aforesaid other actions should be a consequence of the documents so presented. The grantor/s authorize/ as well the use of his/her/its personal details by data-process devices for the exclusive purpose of presenting the relevant tax forms, statements and notifications by telematic means.
ACCEPTANCE OF THE PROXY The proxy holder accepts the representation capacity hereby conferred and the responsibility for the authenticity of the signature/s of the grantor/s, as well as the copy/ies of his/her/its IDENTITY DOCUMENT/S annexed to this form. This proxy form shall only be presented to the Tax Department unless it should so demand from the proxy holder hereby appointed.